MICHELLE POSADAS
Overview of Recent Images of my work as an artist, teacher, organizer, and facilitator:
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x313/michelleposadas/AAI%20Photos/
- As a sophmore in college I was an intern at Philagrafika and was the main coordinator for a giant public art extravaganza. I worked with hundreds of artists, students and volunteers, created a 260 foot print called Broadstreet Broadside. This mammoth accomplishment allowed Philadelphia to set the worlds record for
the longest print.
Images of Broadstreet Broadside: http://www.printcollaborative.org/pressmaterials.shtml
More information: http://www.philagrafika.org/pdf/articles/broadstreet_broadside_stops_traffic.pdf
- Here are my images of my Senior Thesis in 3D Fine Arts at Moore.
Senior Thesis: http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x313/michelleposadas/American%20Still%20Life%20-%20Senior%20Thesis%20May%202004/
- Spiral Q is a non-profit arts organization that bring communities together and using art as a vehicle for social change through parade and pageantry through the construction of giant puppets. I worked with Spiral Q Puppet Theater for 5 years as an artist, teacher, program manager and facilitator. During this time I was also in intern my Junior and Senior year in college.
Organization website: http://www.spiralq.org
- Here is an example of the work that I did with Spiral Q. Last summer, I planned and conducted a week-long residency for a "Peace Camp," with a coalition of high school students in Southern California.
Images of "Peace Camp:" http://www.flickr.com/photos/spiralq/sets/72157600684657572/
More information: http://www.spneighbors.org/2007Brochure%5B2%5D.htm
- Last fall I spent 5 months in Asia. I was invited to Taiwan as a international artist to teach and spend three months building towards a giant puppet parade in Taipei. Following my work in Taiwan, I travelled primarily in the Philippines to do research for an original performance that I did in March 2008. I received the Leeway Foundations Art & Change Grant that made this trip possible.
Organization website: http://www.dreamcommunity.org.tw/
My Blog in Taiwan: http://michelleposadas.blogspot.com/
My Blog in the Philippines and Thialand: http://theluckestbird.blogspot.com/
Leeway Foundation's Art & Change Grant Profile: http://www.leeway.org/grantees.php?s1=1&s2=29&ID=528
- Here is more information for the original performance I did this March that was inspired by my travels. I collaborated with other local Filipino artists, Lovella Calica and L. Capco Lincoln. The show was a sold-out success at the Asian Arts Initiative and presented film, poetry, performance and puppetry.
Bumalik Blog: http://bumalik.blogspot.com/
- This year I am honored to be a recipient of the Leeway Foundations Transformation Award which will significanlt support me financially this year.
Leeway Foundation's Transformation Award Profile: http://www.leeway.org/grantees.php?s1=1&s2=30&ID=567
- I edited the "color correction" and designed the website for the independent movie, Young, Jewish and Left. It was shot throughout the US and focuses on Jews who came of age after the New Left movements of the 60's and 70's.
Movie Website: http://www.youngjewishandleft.org/
Keeping up with students
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment