


so...
This week, I practiced again with a box because I forgot to get a model. This session was yesterday. And I worked on this outline. I typed up the outline in class this morning. SO here is the outline again for reference.
Studio Lighting
A simple portrait studio light
• Even light on background
• Soft single light on subject with reflected light
STEP 1
GATHER UP EQIPTMENT
• Generator (model light)
o Yellow and brown cords
• Lights and Softbox
o Light stands
o Lights
o Large metal cones
• Light Meter
o Black curly cord
• Camera
o Tripod
o USB Cord
• Computer
STEP 2
SET UP YOUR EQUIPTMENT
• Put up background (roll of paper)
• Setup the lights
o Put on cones – clock wise
• Setup Generator
o Before for you do anything make sure the power is off!!
o Look at the chart on the back of the generator
o We want an even light on background so use 200, 200, 400
o The higher the number the more the power.
• Plug in cords
o Yellow in that special socket
• Turn on Asymmetrical, Model, then POWER
STEP 4
• Set up the camera and tripod
• Set up the computer
o Turn on and use special password.hint baby dogs
• Set up a file on the desktop
o Make sure the camera is off
• Put USB cord in digital outlet in camera and plug into computer
o Turn camera on Switch, but not on that line thing
o Put camera on Manuel
o Launch CAMERA WINDOW software
• Remote Shooting
• Start Remote Shooting
• Choose Folder
• Click File on Desktop
o A window panel comes – highlight to change features of camera, press arrows
• Put camera on Manuel
• ISO 100
• RAW setting
• Use daylight (looks like sun)
o To preview: Drop File in Adobe Bridge
STEP 5
LIGHT METER
• Power
o Change ISO to 100
• Press button down while also using side buttons
o Mode – Cord
o Time - 125
• Slide buttons: arrows on side
• Plug curly cord into light meter and into brown cord on generator
• Do not Block Light and aim meter towards Camera
o Hit the side button for the Flash Test in front of subject, background
• Adjust lights Accordingly to make even background
• After you are down w/ the light meter you plug in the black cord into the lightening bolt
THEN START SHOOTING: YAY!!!
Then I did the Demo. I think that it went well. I feel like I still need to learn a lot more, but I most definately feel more comfortable in the studio than I did before.
I just need to practice a lot more. --- SO I'm going to sign up for studio time sometime this week
And I'm doing research for my FINAL.
No comments:
Post a Comment