Keeping up with students

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Studio Sessions

Last Saturday, I had a photo session. In this session I have been trying to create a bedroom scene where I am interacting with toys. I thought the session went really bad. I tried dressing up like a child, but I just felt awkward so I looked awkward in the photos. I was having the worst luck. The studio isn't very wide so it was difficult set up the lights. I had a hard time doing a range of darks and lights because I was using the model light. Then I realized duh the model light evens out light. What I need was more of a single hard light. SO in this session I was only able to get a limit of highlights and shadows. Now, I'm going to have to rely on photoshop to make the scene more dramatic.





On the Wednesday Session,
Because I thought I did really bad on the last photo session, I decided to destroy the stuffed animals and photograph them. Almost suggesting a violence to something someone might believe has life. That was really hard to accomplish because I didn't go a step further with the idea so the animals look like a mutated creature. Just something is really missing and I don't know what. Here's a picture from that. Poor Piggy.


So now, after talking to Karen about my final for the class. We talked about me giving the stuffed animals a nice portrait. Photograph them like they are people and seeing where that will take me. Maybe it will translate like a real breathing stuffed animal or maybe it will just be beautifully lit. That will be my next session on Friday evening.

No comments: