Keeping up with students

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally!

I'm going to be keep working on this because it's something i really enjoyed making this and the entire process. i want to do a lot more with this.

1 comment:

karen said...

Hi Caitlin,
This is a really nice use of red? screen. The look is very clean, and at this size it looks good.

I think you have done enough of a studio project for this class, since I was looking for proficiency in your chosen skill, and I see that here.

I do think you could use a few more blog entries, perhaps sharing with us what you were thinking, any technical issues that came up and how you solved them.

As far as my art comments go, I'm a little confused, I thought you decided not to do a music video, and this looks like a music video to me (or at least part of one.) Music credits? (And also credit to you, date, production house... you)

I'm not always sure about why the transitions occur when they do, and how the figure and keyed video is interacting. In the first segment, the figure was unclear to me (I later understood the chair was there when it occurred again.) But I really like the car/dessert scenery, as it seems to speak to a woman's solitary journey, which seems to relate to her solitary figure.

The hammer/night city segment was also visually interesting and made me consider what you might be saying. The fish and mirror image aren't so clear to me, and the ripples are also not clear to me how they go together, what meaning might be developing here.

Overall, the pacing feels too slow, and too even, not that I am personally a fan of "adhd" video editing, but it is the norm now. I think you need more material, certainly for the keying part, but perhaps more situations for the figure too. (Or less, to keep that consistent.)

I think these are things you should consider as you take this piece into a final form that you can show, or use as a portfolio piece. But as I said, you have done enough work for this class.

Let me know if you are going to do more blog entries, that will help with participation issues, though unfortunately you can't go back in time and attend classes you missed.

Karen