Keeping up with students

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Video Project

I'm going to be using the same idea of green screen but i'll be do it in reverse. If that doesn't make sense, that is why I'm going to explain! Instead of shooting an object or person in front of a green screen I'm going to shoot a person in normal time with no green screen, but I'm going to be making them the green screen. I'm going to be painting people red (considering most things outside are green) and shooting them moving then editing out their body so there will be a hole were they were. I'm doing a few tests with photographs and will post them within the week to see how it works. Instead of a music video I'm going to make a short movie.

2 comments:

karen said...

Sounds good. Megan did this with her face for the frog TV video in her installation and it worked really well.

Here is what I worry about:
What kind of paint are you using? (People have died from painting to much of the surface area of their body with a paint that doesn't let the skin breathe, like acrylic. And pigments themselves can be toxic even if they are in a non toxic base like tempra...)

Is it possible to get the person into a red body suit so there isn't much surface are that needs to be painted... and then use stage make-up for the remaining parts?

Do post the pics!

Also, what are you thinking in terms of short movie? Can you story board some ides so you have some direction going into it?

Karen

The Welge said...

haha unfortunately i read this after it was too late...i painted her body from neck to toe. so as not to get paint in her eyes and mouth. she had on a bra and underwear that was red as well. it worked really really well. i used non toxic paint that said was for ages like 4 and up and used to finger painting. im going to do more shooting with just her hands. shes doing fine...so im hoping thats good. we only shot for like 30-45 minutes then she immediately took a shower.