Keeping up with students

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Comic Proposal

For my narrative strategies final project, I will listen to a story told by the person of my choosing and create a comic based on the story. I would like this project to tie into my thesis by requesting a story about a school experience, good or bad. Not being familiar with comics, my project will start with research online and in store. Once my research is complete, I will have a better understanding of the history and layout of comics, and will be able to create an interesting comic to compliment the story.
This project will help me gather a better understanding of narrative strategies by breaking down the story, deciding which parts will make good illustrations, and working with composition and color. I’m hoping to create the project on Bristol board with pen and colored ink, a medium I don't have much experience with, which will create another challenge.

No comments: